Thursday, March 31, 2011

Like we're old friends

So. I'm just going to dive in, like I'm an old pro. (If you want to know more about me, check out my profile. If nothing's there yet, just give it a few minutes [days], and I promise, it will be.)

The other night when hubby and I were laying in bed talking, I began looking around at all the STUFF that I have. (Now don't get me wrong. I really like stuff, thus the accumulation of it. But man, I have a LOT of it.)

I was (am) in the process of donating some clothing and accessories to an event that my church is hosting, and even after 2 heavy duty, industrial sized trash bags were filled to bursting, my drawers are overstuffed, my closet is bursting at the seams, and I'm trying to find ways to attractively, and creatively confine and/or display my abundance of jewelry, accessories, shoes, perfumes, lotions, trinkets, STUFF. Right now, it's a big FAIL.

Because I realize that I'm in the state of FAIL, and I want to get a handle of this mass accumulation of stuff, I've decided to do my own take on the 30x30 challenge that I see a bunch of bloggers taking on. Except, the stuff that I realize I don't LOVE, either on me or in my closet, is a gonner. I'm also not allowed to repeat anything (except undergarments after they've been properly cleaned ;)) including shoes or accessories. I'm documenting with photos so that I can actually SEE how I look in them as opposed to how I think I look in them. Big difference. (I'm on weight watchers now with hopes of loosing my fat meat [well, most of it anyway], so how I feel about my looks in clothes now, will differ in a couple months *fingers crossed*)

I'm loving me some Polyvore right now, so since I don't have the capability (currently) to  take my photos with a tripod, I get to create them, to the best of my ability, on Polyvore. LOVE.
This is tomorrow's outfit inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment