Monday, April 25, 2011

That kind of thing

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter if you celebrate it - or Sunday if you don't. Monday's are always terrible, but I hope it was good for you if you're into that kind of thing. :)

Yesterday at church (I'm into that type of thing ;-)) I (along with the young adult network I'm involved with at church) held an Easter Egg hunt for the little kiddies. I was responsible for the event, and along with a couple of wonderful friends, made about 60 (or a million as it seemed) little kids happy that they showed up for church that day. We hid paper eggs all over the sanctuary, and let them run themselves ragged for a good half  hour searching for the paper eggs which they turned in for Easter treats!

I have to tell you, that was my 1st and last time holding that hunt! I love children, but that type of thing, wasn't my thing. Ya dig?

I didn't finish my real Easter dress, but I had finished another dress to wear. Buttericks pattern B5211 Fast and Easy it was! I amped it up with Anna Sui patterned silk, and bronze tiny studs along the neckline.The material felt like a whisper. Overall, I felt pretty in it, although I'm now thinking it's more of a fall type dress, just because the colors are so...autumnal (?). I don't know. What do you think?

My new 19.99 open toe boots from Torrid.com. They make me happy.
(Note to self: Take photos in good light, or use the flash. Duh.)
:)


(Love the pockets, and drop shoulders)

Still working on my "Easter" dress, although now it will be my "Tea" dress (Ladies tea next Saturday. I think I'll need to make a fascinator. And buy some gloves. Or make some.)

5 comments:

  1. Did you sew the dress by yourself ? wow not bad, I want to sew a dress too, why dont you show your new boots in a bigger picture ?xoxo Abigael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your braids! I want to get some box braids next! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you just love dresses with pockets?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are TRULY talented! I love this dress, and I love a dress with pockets

    Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait how did I miss this FABULOUS creation! Girl this dress is the BOMB!! Love the fabric print! Kiah

    ReplyDelete