Friday, April 19, 2013

Too many patterns, too much fabric!

Ooooh Wee! My SewJo (to steal this term from other sewist/bloggers) is back FULL FORCE!
I'm so excited and THANKFUL for the year long sewing challenge, and the participating ladies for inspiring me like this. 

I'm literally thinking about sewing ALL. THE. TIME. I thought about sewing a lot before, but man, since I joined this challenge, I'm sure my hubby is SICK of me!

I recently got a few new patterns which I can't wait to begin on! And actually, I started on some new summer wear (since hopefully, one of these days, spring/summer weather will hit the mid-west). 



I was  so excited to start, that I completely forgot that I had 9, count 'em NINE projects in various stages of completion. I need to get finished on these (since winter doesn't seem to want to leave the Chicago area - snow flurries have been spotted near the airport today) before I start on anything new. 

1. Heather grey jacket (practicing on welt pockets, and checking for fit before I use another fabric), that will basically be a wearable muslin.

2. This blouse made of a beautiful Poly and Ester. It's beautiful because the vibrant colors, but it's Poly and Ester. You can hear the material coming. I eliminated the sleeve vent, but left the cuffs. I didn't do a full collar, only a mandarin. All that is left is the buttons and button holes. 


3. The real deal leather skirt made from a Burda magazine pattern (the skirt version of the linked dress pattern). I've made it before in a cotton blend with a slight stretch and loved it. I thought it would be nice to use this butter soft thin sheep skin leather for my second variation of this skirt. I think the solid color will highlight the dart details of this skirt much more than my previous attempt using a busy pattern. 



4. This skirt of my own pattern made from a beautiful metallic silk tweed (this picture doesn't do it any justice). I've underlined this by hand and now need to actually sew and line the sucka. 



5. This sweatshirt which I made from a black sweatshirt knit, and rayon blended tweed. All I need is to add binding to the neck, hem the sleeves and hem. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME FOR NOT FINISHING ALL THESE ITEMS???!!!



6. This suit jacket (OOP) which I have cut all the pieces for (minus interface)



7. This shirt from this OOP pattern which has been cut, and packaged (I place all notions, threads, etc in a zip lock bag with the material and pattern. It's ready to roll that way!) just waiting to be laid across my sewing machine!



8. This dress which is packaged - JUST WAITING (I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but the material is a faux leather. It feels like a heavy cotton, but has a nice drape.)



9. Again, another dress, packaged,  JUST WAITING. 




5 comments:

  1. OOOOH I want to go fabric shopping with you! I love all of your choices. That is going to be one gorgeous wardrobe by the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful fabrics and sewing projects - loving that abstract print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with you for not finishing the projects other than you have so many ideas going through your head at once - like so many of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dito SarahLizSewStyle! I have tons of projects to finish!

    ReplyDelete