Friday, January 11, 2013

Top Ten Friday


Two of my favorite things are Beyonce, and countdown shows. Well, Beyonce isn't a thing, but you know what I mean. :)
Both are run, and exciting and leave me anticipating what's next! 
And though I'm a LOT less exciting than a countdown show or Beyonce, I think it will be fun to count down to the top ten things on my mind lately.


NUMBER TEN: DRINK MO' WATER
It's a must. Water is possibly the most boring of beverages. I literally will be sitting at work so thirsty, I can barely swallow. I force myself to drink water. Maybe I should start making a game of it in order to get my 64 oz in per day.



NUMBER NINE: DRINK LESS LIQUORS
Unfortunately for me, my favorite beverage is champagne. It doesn't even have to be expensive. I never have to force myself to drink champagne. Maybe I should start drinking water out of a champagne glass.


NUMBER EIGHT: PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT.
My portfolio is completely out of date. I need to update it to include garments, and jewelry. I need to research professional portfolios to see what they really look like, and not what I think they look like. I took a portfolio development class while in school, so I have a strong idea, but I have a portfolio that includes 3 very specific types of items: garment, jewelry, and leather goods. I'd love ideas of how to divide these up in a professional  attractive, way.


NUMBER SEVEN: COOKING.
This year, I want to eat better, and learn how to prepare meals that are restaurant quality. I'm a pretty good cook, but I want to experiment with various techniques, and flavors. 

NUMBER SIX: CLOSET MAINTENANCE

I stumbled across this great little app - Stylish Girl. It's a closet maintenance app. I'm in love. It works great on my HTC Amaze.


NUMBER FIVE: CLEAN EDGE BINDINGS

In persual of continuous learning, I'm always looking for new ways to do things. I found this great tutorial on bindings. French couture bias binding with a bit of an American swing. (Couture and American in the same sentence. Yeah, an oxymoron.)

Click here for the French/American binding tutorial
This is a pretty good tutorial for binding the neck edge of a knit garment

NUMBER FOUR: RESURGENCE OF POLYVORE
I forgot just how much I love Polyvore. It's so fun to create collages, and look through pretty clothing.

NUMBER THREE: GOLD

Gold Lame



L'Agence silk maxi dress, $835 / A|Wear sleeveless dress, $44 / Vionnet wrap top / STEFFEN SCHRAUT gold silk blouse / Oasis party shirt, $19 / Etro gold coat, $2,245 / Miss Selfridge / Jean Paul Gaultier / Ted Baker / Enza Costa metallic pleated skirt, $425 / J Brand mid rise jeans, $480 / Temperley London , $865 / Hervé Léger bandage skirt / Jimmy Choo peep toe heels, $780 / Rose gold sandals, $955 / Rebecca Minkoff / Juicy Couture / Yellow gold jewelry, $63 / Oasis tear drop earrings, $13 / Alexis Bittar yellow gold jewelry / Noir Jewelry , $165 / Bonnie Star yellow gold bracelet / Giuseppe Zanotti / River Island metal ring, $16 / Noir Jewelry stud earrings, $99 / Hervé Van Der Straeten cuff bracelet / Dorothy Perkins two tone jewelry / H&M , $6.40

'Nuff said.


NUMBER TWO: PEPLUM'S

Peplum



Mary Katrantzou off the shoulder dress, $3,880 / Hakaan bordeaux dress / Julien Macdonald peplum dress / Lipsy peplum dress, $52 / Lipsy , $96 / Alexander McQueen black peplum shirt / Bardot peplum top, $42 / Miu Miu peplum top, $360 / Miss Selfridge / Haider Ackermann , $1,890 / Burberry trench coat / Haider Ackermann wool blazer, $1,195 / Brick Boulevard 11.25 in. x 12 in. Stone and Stainless Mosaic Wall...

I went a little collage crazy.

NUMBER ONE: BEST YEAR YET

No comments:

Post a Comment