Tuesday, January 22, 2013

(Echo chamber)

Hello there. I feel like I hear one giant echo. Probably because I do this mostly for myself. I don't have any followers, and really don't know how to go about getting any. Ah well, it is what it is. This blog is to hold myself accountable, and maybe, just maybe one day have a group of virtual sewing buddies who will learn, share and experiment with me.

So guess what??!! I finished my first piece! Except that it's obviously GOLD LAME instead of brightly colored and festively colored. Oh well, Gold is a color.
I decided upon the exposed black zipper, which I'm so glad I chose. I really like the modern look with the shiny, shiny (did I mention shiny?) gold fabric.



I also detoured from the course and completed this dress.

Which is actually this dress, with sleeves added.
I think I have at least 3 variations of this dress. Different hems, different sleeves. It's just such a quick, easy comfortable dress! Add a belt or a jacket/sweater and you're good to go!
B5211 with bubble sleeves
And, the dress isn't completed completed. I still need to hem the sleeves, and put binding on the neckline, and I can't decide if I want to add a narrow sequins trim to the seam line of the contrast fabric, but I'm pretty much done. The sleeve hem and binding should only take about 15 minutes, and to trim, or not to trim... Still up for debate. [And it needs to be pressed properly.]

Next up is the mixed media raglan sweater. I'm a bit behind because I was out of town visiting with my family over the weekend, and didn't get to work on any sewing projects. And I know I was thinking more sweater-ish materials, but I'm kinda loving the idea of leather and sweat-shirt. Thoughts?
Love the look on both of these ladies. Hate Alicia Keys white turtleneck under the cute top. Love J. Huds entire look, though I wish they woulda took a steamer to that top. 

1 comment: